Search This Blog

Sunday 12 January 2014

Collection Cosmetics (Collections 2000) : Thoughts on Cover and Go Foundation & Concealer Duo


Hello lovelies, 

I just discovered that Collection Cosmetics (formerly known as Collections 2000) has recently launched in Singapore!  

*Click here to Like their FB page, there is a promotion on till 31 Jan 2014 - where you can get $2 off any purchase of their product.



Collections 2000 is a very popular drugstore brand from the UK, that features quality products at really affordable prices.

The Pixiwoo sisters, feature at least any one of their products from their range, quite consistently on their makeup tutorials. 

I got curious and decided to try out their Cover and Go Foundation and Concealer Duo, in the tone Fair.




At first sight, the foundation applied on like a rich moisturiser - it's consistency felt slightly thick, yet spread easily.



After blending out.

The foundation has a definite emollient quality to it, and would be perfect for days when the weather is drier and colder, and would be a boon for those who have dry or very dry skin. 

The foundation offers light to medium coverage at best.

The concealer, on the other hand, seemed more like a tone corrector, and covered decently.



After blending out.
  
I used it yesterday to test the longevity and the weather being how it is now in SG  (which is cool mostly, with little humidity) - it stayed pretty well on the skin with little shine.  

Of course, please do note that my skin texture is more to the dry side - hence this foundation worked well.  There was some oxidation inevitably but nothing too noticeable.

The only concern I think might be, when the weather starts to get more humid - which will start soon in March all the way to June - then you might want to layer on an anti-shine powder on top of the foundation so that the makeup won't slide off so easily.

Collection Cosmetics is now available BHG Bugis & Orchard Cineleisure. Watsons at Bugis Junction, Compass Point, Ngee Ann City, North Point, Star Vista, Tampines Mall, Tiong Bahru Plaza, Toa Payoh Hub, United Square, Vivocity and Westgate Mall.


Cheers

The Makeup Fanatik



Check out my beauty buddy, Glamify SG's,  extensive and comprehensive reviews of makeup products here.

We run a collaborative Facebook Page - join here to get the latest beauty updates!

Like me on my Facebook page
Follow me on my Youtube channel
Follow me on my Instagram account
Follow me on my Twitter account





No comments:

Post a Comment