Search This Blog

Sunday 22 September 2013

Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Electrum

Hello lovelies

There was a mad sale on the Illamasqua website a couple weeks back, and I did a haul together with a few friends.

I aimed for one of their infamous Liquid Metal, which was featured in a Pixiwoo tutorial .

I was absolutely enamoured with the look and texture of it, and decided to try one.

The Liquid Metal in Electrum was on sale and going for GBP7.50, with a further reduction of 10% - so I ended up paying about GBP6.25 or SGD 12.50 for 8 grams of product.  The regular price for one is actually GBP17.50.  

Huge discount, did you say?

However, it took weeks for the package to arrive, as we used regular shipping (which was free by the way).

So anyways, I did a test yesterday just to see how well it would sit on my lids, and it wasn't too bad.

Sure the texture is completely out of this world.  It felt creamy, but nothing too heavy, yet it felt almost oily, but not being oily at all! I do not know what formulation this is, but the product slid on really unbelievably smoothly.

The only downside is that those with oily lids might have a problem with this product, due to this unique texture.

Creasing will definitely happen after a while, I suppose. 

I layered a fine dusting of gold sparkles from LA Splash  and it seemed to set the liquid metal just fine.  But I have yet to test the longevity of this, and will do so soon.

I did not use a base, basically I just cleaned my lid with a makeup remover and patted it dry with a tissue.

Repost will come up once I have made the test-run!

Meanwhile here is an official tutorial from Illamasqua which features Electrum.

Nice and goldy!

Pic from the Illamasqua tutorial - link above!


Cheers

The Makeup Fanatik





No comments:

Post a Comment